By creating the Law Faculty in 1992, the “Danubius” University from Galati, Romania chose a beginning that coincided with the initiation of major changes in the Romanian society.
The Law Faculty was provisionally approved to operate by the Government decision nr. 1371/1996 and then accredited by the Law no. 409 of 06.20.2002.
The “Law” specialization, as a tradition of the Romanian academic community, has covered, after 1990, an extensive process of adapting to the new socio-economic-policy reality. In this respect, the Law Faculty has established to make a significant contribution to training specialists in the juridical domain, able to participate in strengthening the judicial dimension of the Romanian State, as a state member of the European Union.